Our aim is to revive, restore and reconstruct the Old Norse tongue!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Velkomin - Welcome

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jørundr Krákrinn
Moderator - Stýrimaðr

PostSubject: Velkomin - Welcome   Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Old Norse Tongue Forum. Our aim is to revive, restore and reconstruct the Old Norse Tongue as a functioning Modern Language. Here's your first port of call on our journey to this ends. In this topic you will greet your fellow forum users, in whichever language you choose, so that you can immediately become part of our community. To start it all off. I'm Jørundr Krákrinn (or Joe if you're being boring) and I'm a moderator.

Last edited by Sveinn on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Put 'out' instead of 'our' no biggie. Haha...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://trololololololololololo.com

AuthorMessage
Azula
Stranger - Útlendingr

PostSubject: hi   Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Hi I want to learn this language but I'm not sure if  the material that I can find on google is okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fjall
Stranger - Útlendingr

PostSubject: Re: Velkomin - Welcome   Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:13 am

Heil from England.

Is this forum/project still active? I can't see much recent activity on the forum.

I am a Rune reader, lover of history and (recently discovered) have possible strong ancestral ties to the Northmen. I'm looking to better understand the Elder Futhark by learning Old Norse, and if anyone knows anything about the peoples movements, possible foreign settlements around north Europe and east cost England, I'd like to have a little historical conversation if you're game. Smile

Far pú vel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrainneMhaol
Stranger - Útlendingr

PostSubject: Still active!   Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi all, just wanted to see if this forum was still active! I love studying ancient languages and am looking to study Old Norse next. I have collected as many of the ancient sagas as I could get my hands on, all in English(unfortunately!). This was a really neat website to find! Odinn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mariusz
Stranger - Útlendingr

PostSubject: Re: Velkomin - Welcome   Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi! I'm Mariusz from Poland. I would like to learn Old Norse, but there are very few publications in Polish (the latest book I found is from 1976). That's why I use the English materials, but grammar in English is quite difficult for non-native spekaer Smile

If anyone can help me in Old Norse (only grammar and accent. I know some basics: alphabet, pronunciation, etc.), I can learn Polish in exchange (one of the most difficult languages ​​in the world Very Happy) or some programming languages (PHP, CSS, HTML, JS).

Regards
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eiríkr Sigrsæli
Stranger - Útlendingr

PostSubject: Re: Velkomin - Welcome   Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:28 pm

Góðan Daginn!
I'm a language enthusiast from Sweden and I would love to dedicate all I know into this reconstruction. How wonderful wouldn't it be if all Northmen could use Old Norse as common language once again, with its rich culture and heritage? I will provide all my knowings of Old East Norse that I have and I will study Old West Norse and its predecessors to understand everything completely. Let's make this happen!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Velkomin - Welcome   

Back to top Go down

Velkomin - Welcome
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Norse Tongue :: General - Almenniligr :: Welcome - Velkomin-
Jump to: